Tuesday 4 August 2020

Rahi and the Patupairehe

This week we were learning to summarize. We also connected to visualizing and inferencing to help us. We filled in a story web to summarize each part of the story. I used my visualisation from week 1 to help separate the part of the story. I used my character inference trails to use adjectives and evidence to help summarize quicker. Connecting all 3 strategies helped me to understand the story characters and keywords. The game Ki O Rahi is based on this story.



2 comments:

  1. Hi Texas

    I really enjoy reading your blog post.I learnt that the game Ki O Rahi was based on this story. What is you favourite part about the story.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Amanaki

      My favorite part about the story is when Rahi builts a kite so he could fly over the thin grass. Do you have any other strategies or have you ever summarize a book before?

      Delete

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.